Blessing to the Dead
This week my family suffered an unexpected tragedy. I had originally decided not to post a blog this week. How can I write anything given the circumstances?
This morning I remembered that a couple of years ago Spirit had given me a blessing to speak to the deceased to make sure they got a send-off from the living. During the peak of Covid, funerals and gatherings were almost completely halted. The living and the dead were left without any closure. I noticed the astral realms were filled with the recently deceased, almost waiting around for someone to tell them it was okay to go.
While meditating, Spirit said to me: "Nine blessings."
I googled Nine Blessings. Nothing relevant.
So I sat down to write. Often when I channel Spirit while writing or typing, the words seem to flow from Spirit through my hands with little interaction on my part other than the movement of my hands on the keyboard or paper.
As I wrote the following nine blessings to the dead, I recognized that very often, the dead have unfinished business with the living, and the living have unresolved emotions toward the deceased. Often we feel guilty for some of those emotions. The following prayer to the dead assists the living and the dead in finding peace and closure.
If you purchased my book, Whispers From Another Room, you will find this prayer in Chapter Five.
Feel free to say this prayer to your loved ones, whether they are recently deceased or long past. If there is unfinished business between you and one of your ancestors or someone who impacted your life in a significant way, this prayer will help the deceased find peace and you to find closure.
1. We bless you for your life. We bless your contribution to our lives, through your love, your choices, your words, thoughts and actions. Even the ones that you or I may view as less than helpful, we bless those too. We bless the way you chose to experience life in this particular incarnation of your soul.
2. We release you from any emotions that would hold you through obligation to the living. We bless you as you leave your physical body to the next expression of your soul. Although we feel sadness and loss and grief as you pass on to the next adventure, we bless you as you move on to the next thing, whatever that may be.
3. We bless you as you greet those who have gone before you. We welcome in to your transition those who love you who have come to greet you and lead you into the next realm of awareness. We ask that the highest available Beings of Love and Light, be they Angels, Guides, loving Ancestors, or Deities who you have aligned yourself with during life, greet you and lead you on to the next plane of existence.
4. We bless you by releasing your body back to nature in the way that you have chosen or in the way that best represents the return of your physical existence back to the earth who supported you in life and provided you with food, water, air, and breath. We release your physical body existence and we release your soul from any cord that would try to stay connected to physical body existence.
5. We bless you as you navigate this huge change and transition in your awareness. We understand that it may take a little time to settle in to this new expression of your soul and we embrace the changes with you as we also change the way we experience your soul and your contribution to our lives. We will need some time as we process the grief and loss at your passing and understand that you may need a little time as well.
6. We bless the way you experienced your physical body awareness and expression of life in the way you connected to us individually and collectively. We bless the relationship we shared with you and the new relationship to your energy and the memory of our lives together. We remember the love, the joy, the tears, the sadness, the conversations, the times of silence or difficulty or separation. We bless the good times we shared and the challenges we faced either together or individually. We understand and acknowledge that none of us ever lives our lives free from regret or bad choices. We bless all the interactions we had, both the happy ones and the challenging ones, for they created opportunities for greater awareness and understanding.
7. We bless you for the path you chose in life. We bless all the bumps on the road, all the delays or detours that may have carried you in directions we loved and directions we objected to or did not understand. We acknowledge that your life was your own, and you navigated it in the best way that you could given the way that your path unfolded for you.
8. We bless and acknowledge the gifts you gave to us in life. Every action that resulted in a change in our relationship to you, whether it turned out to be beneficial or challenging, we acknowledge that every word you spoke, every action you took that affected us in one way or another, every expression of love or less than love, each breath you took was a gift to us in some way. Your life changed the way we experienced life. We thank you for your presence in our life.
9. We bless this ending of our physical relationship to one another. We acknowledge that every ending precedes a new beginning. Although the way we experience one another is changing, our relationship to one another will always be an aspect of the growth of our soul. We will always be in some way tied to one another through our memories, our awareness, and our connection. Whether we experience life together or apart, we will always be in some way a part of one another’s journey of awareness and experience.
We bless you and release you to the Light of Divine Love and Light.
I welcome you to use this prayer as needed to find closure with those who are deceased in the way that speaks to you the most.
It is important to release the deceased with love to the next expression of their souls. When we have unresolved emotions with the dead, this creates a cord between you that holds them sort of hostage to the world of the living and it holds the living hostage to the relationship and to the past.
Obviously it takes time to process grief and it takes as long as it takes.
My prayer as you process your grief and all the other emotions that arise out of the trauma of loss is that you find peace and the one who has left the physical realm also finds peace and closure. In this way they do not pass the unresolved issues from their life to the next generation or to their next existence in whatever form that takes, and you find healing and closure as well.
Peace be with you.
As always, you can find out all about me HERE.